- Removed LaTrace and RandoGPS, which are no longer available
- Improve Google maps
- Suggest upgrade to MyTrails 2.1 beta for Nougat
IGN offline maps are available once more.
- Fixed tap to wake on dimmed screen
- Added zoom level 16 to OS Opendata maps (GB)
- Update current coordinates when following GPS
- Honor silent mode
- Fixed duplicate waypoints introduced in 2.0.13
- IGN slope maps (avalanche safety)
- Temporary fix for Nougat issue in Track list
- New IGN (FR) subscriptions
- Fixed zombie waypoint dialogs
- Fixed Google Hybrid and Terrain
- Fixed incorrect altimeter before calibration
- Fixed UtagawaVtt integration
- Fixed track recording interruption in rare cases
- New Dropbox protocol (should be transparent)
- New maps (removed MapQuest)
2.0.14 fixes a startup crash on Android 2.x devices and problems with the German translation.
- Improved altitude recording
- Fixed lockup in paid online maps with slow connections
- Enabled double-tap-drag zooming (double-tap and hold, then move your finger up or down)
- Fixed altitude correction when offline
- MyTrails restarts the GPS when it stops providing data for too long
- Added Compass (free) and Formentera, Gran Canaria et Ibiza (premium)
- Fixed 4UMaps
- Added a Quit menu once more (optional)
Sorry about that, maps.frogsparks.com, the main authorization server, is unavailable since about 9am French time. I will post updates as soon as I have an ETA for restoration.
Update: I had to install a new server, but it’s back online as of 18:25pm French time. Thank you for your patience!
- Improved responsiveness of fast-changing stats like compass bearing and GPS satellites
- Fixed saving the track color into GPX
- Added support for deleting tracks (not just forgetting them)
- Increased max cache size option
- Added facing indicator when not moving
- GPS altitude filter and option for cumulative climb tweaks
- Fixed Utagawa and RandoGPS track download
- Many translation updates, many thanks to my translators!
- Improved directions dialog
4UMaps are some of the nicer OpenStreetMap-based maps, maintained and served independently of OSM (and MyTrails).
They have recently updated their server, and some versions of Android seem to have trouble connecting to the new server. You can fix this by changing the map definition for 4Umaps to use the following URL:
Alternatively, just tap this link from your Android device to import a new map definition with this URL.
Update: the 4Umaps URL changed again. And again…
- Fixed importing tracks without timestamps
- Improved time stats
- New, simpler track recording UI (activate in Preferences > Recording)
- MyTrails reminds you to save the track when you’re back at your starting point
- Use tags to organize your tracks and waypoints
- Look for nearby place names to help name tracks and waypoints
- Fixed tapping on track; track details now shows information about the tap location and offers to create a waypoint
- 10 new stats (duration, distance and number of climbs and descents)
- 1 new graph (filtered speed)