- Fix My Trails uploads
- The Kompass map is back
- Fix network access for most maps
- Fix crash on Android 9
- Fix searching for location, directions, altitude normalization
- Fix connecting MyTrails to a Google account, switch to Firebase push
- Fix vertical speed in the HUD
- Fix remaining Wear notification after quit
- Fix GPSies
- New map: OpenSeaMap
- Fix receiving map definition from web site
- Fix sharing tracks when the file is in an unexpected location
- Notifications and adaptive icon for Android Oreo
- Smarter max speed cutoff for GPS positions
- Replace Google+ with new MyTrails forum
- Fix IGN map
- Fix opening maps.google.com URLs
- Warn when trying to record and MyTrails is not excluded from battery optimization
- Support Google’s enhanced GPS when available (turn off in Preferences > Sensors)
- Fix OPNVKarte, Statkart, IGM, CalTopo, Google Earth and Terrain
- Provide fail-over IP addresses for license server (to work around Russian block)
- Increase recording icons sizes
- Replace IDEE map with IGN for Spain
- Fix 4UMaps
- Make error reports opt-in as required by Play Store policies
- Fix track normalization
- Fix StreetView
- Improve fullscreen mode, especially pre-Kitkat
- Fix logging on and downloading communities
- Fix geoid lookup sometimes failing
- Fix importing tracks from downloads
This new version is an almost complete rewrite of the UI code in MyTrails, keeping the same features of 2.0 (with some new features), but bringing MyTrails into the modern Android age.
When I started developing MyTrails over 7 years ago, Android development was very crude, and developers had to include all sorts of work-arounds to add new features while still supporting Android 1.6, which was the version run by most phones at the time.
Over the years, I added features without being able to break from these work-arounds, until Nougat finally forced me to this rewrite (which I had fortunately started a few months in advance).
After 8 months of public preview and beta versions, 2.1 is finally here, with the following high-level features and hundreds of tweaks and fixes. I hope you enjoy it!
- Nougat and Oreo-compatible
- New icons and refreshed look
- Waypoint manager
- Offer troubleshooting when GPS signal is lost
- Fix USGS maps
Due to the number of changes and to avoid inconveniencing users, I’m using a staged rollout, don’t worry if you’re not getting the new version right away, it will be available in a few days, or you can download it directly.
- Removed LaTrace and RandoGPS, which are no longer available
- Improve Google maps
- Suggest upgrade to MyTrails 2.1 beta for Nougat
IGN offline maps are available once more.