- Fix opening maps.google.com URLs
- Warn when trying to record and MyTrails is not excluded from battery optimization
- Support Google’s enhanced GPS when available (turn off in Preferences > Sensors)
- Fix OPNVKarte, Statkart, IGM, CalTopo, Google Earth and Terrain
- Provide fail-over IP addresses for license server (to work around Russian block)
- Increase recording icons sizes
- Replace IDEE map with IGN for Spain
- Fix 4UMaps
- Make error reports opt-in as required by Play Store policies
- Fix track normalization
- Fix StreetView
- Improve fullscreen mode, especially pre-Kitkat
- Fix logging on and downloading communities
- Fix geoid lookup sometimes failing
- Fix importing tracks from downloads
This new version is an almost complete rewrite of the UI code in MyTrails, keeping the same features of 2.0 (with some new features), but bringing MyTrails into the modern Android age.
When I started developing MyTrails over 7 years ago, Android development was very crude, and developers had to include all sorts of work-arounds to add new features while still supporting Android 1.6, which was the version run by most phones at the time.
Over the years, I added features without being able to break from these work-arounds, until Nougat finally forced me to this rewrite (which I had fortunately started a few months in advance).
After 8 months of public preview and beta versions, 2.1 is finally here, with the following high-level features and hundreds of tweaks and fixes. I hope you enjoy it!
- Nougat and Oreo-compatible
- New icons and refreshed look
- Waypoint manager
- Offer troubleshooting when GPS signal is lost
- Fix USGS maps
Due to the number of changes and to avoid inconveniencing users, I’m using a staged rollout, don’t worry if you’re not getting the new version right away, it will be available in a few days, or you can download it directly.
- Removed LaTrace and RandoGPS, which are no longer available
- Improve Google maps
- Suggest upgrade to MyTrails 2.1 beta for Nougat
IGN offline maps are available once more.
- Fixed tap to wake on dimmed screen
- Added zoom level 16 to OS Opendata maps (GB)
- Update current coordinates when following GPS
- Honor silent mode
- Fixed duplicate waypoints introduced in 2.0.13
- IGN slope maps (avalanche safety)
- Temporary fix for Nougat issue in Track list
- New IGN (FR) subscriptions
- Fixed zombie waypoint dialogs
- Fixed Google Hybrid and Terrain
- Fixed incorrect altimeter before calibration
- Fixed UtagawaVtt integration
- Fixed track recording interruption in rare cases
- New Dropbox protocol (should be transparent)
- New maps (removed MapQuest)
2.0.14 fixes a startup crash on Android 2.x devices and problems with the German translation.
- Improved altitude recording
- Fixed lockup in paid online maps with slow connections
- Enabled double-tap-drag zooming (double-tap and hold, then move your finger up or down)
- Fixed altitude correction when offline
- MyTrails restarts the GPS when it stops providing data for too long
- Added Compass (free) and Formentera, Gran Canaria et Ibiza (premium)
- Fixed 4UMaps
- Added a Quit menu once more (optional)