- Fix logging on and downloading communities
- Fix geoid lookup sometimes failing
- Fix importing tracks from downloads
This new version is an almost complete rewrite of the UI code in MyTrails, keeping the same features of 2.0 (with some new features), but bringing MyTrails into the modern Android age.
When I started developing MyTrails over 7 years ago, Android development was very crude, and developers had to include all sorts of work-arounds to add new features while still supporting Android 1.6, which was the version run by most phones at the time.
Over the years, I added features without being able to break from these work-arounds, until Nougat finally forced me to this rewrite (which I had fortunately started a few months in advance).
After 8 months of public preview and beta versions, 2.1 is finally here, with the following high-level features and hundreds of tweaks and fixes. I hope you enjoy it!
- Nougat and Oreo-compatible
- New icons and refreshed look
- Waypoint manager
- Offer troubleshooting when GPS signal is lost
- Fix USGS maps
Due to the number of changes and to avoid inconveniencing users, I’m using a staged rollout, don’t worry if you’re not getting the new version right away, it will be available in a few days, or you can download it directly.
Recently, the USGS maps in MyTrails haven’t been loading. This was a result of a server-side change on the map provider, and is fixed in the latest MyTrails 2.1 beta. Please upgrade to the beta to fix.
- Removed LaTrace and RandoGPS, which are no longer available
- Improve Google maps
- Suggest upgrade to MyTrails 2.1 beta for Nougat
IGN offline maps are available once more.
- Fixed tap to wake on dimmed screen
- Added zoom level 16 to OS Opendata maps (GB)
- Update current coordinates when following GPS
- Honor silent mode
- Fixed duplicate waypoints introduced in 2.0.13
- IGN slope maps (avalanche safety)
- Temporary fix for Nougat issue in Track list
- New IGN (FR) subscriptions
- Fixed zombie waypoint dialogs
- Fixed Google Hybrid and Terrain
- Fixed incorrect altimeter before calibration
- Fixed UtagawaVtt integration
- Fixed track recording interruption in rare cases
- New Dropbox protocol (should be transparent)
- New maps (removed MapQuest)
2.0.14 fixes a startup crash on Android 2.x devices and problems with the German translation.