- Fix opening maps.google.com URLs
- Warn when trying to record and MyTrails is not excluded from battery optimization
- Support Google’s enhanced GPS when available (turn off in Preferences > Sensors)
- Fix OPNVKarte, Statkart, IGM, CalTopo, Google Earth and Terrain
- Provide fail-over IP addresses for license server (to work around Russian block)
According to this site, maps.frogsparks.com is among many sites being blocked by the Russian government (technically, the IP address the host resolves to is part of a large block “B-class” of IPs blocked wholesale by Russia – the block is not targeted at MyTrails specifically). This means that for users in Russia, MyTrails Pro can no longer verify its licensing status, and will revert to Free mode even if you have paid.
If you are affected by this, you can use a VPN to allow MyTrails to get around the block. The licensing status must be verified at least once every two months.
MyTrails 2.1.4b2 contains a workaround for this.