I’ve created a Google+ community to consolidate support and discussion of MyTrails.
The support load has been increasing steadily, and any time I spend answering the same questions over and over via email is time I don’t spend improving MyTrails.
When I started developing MyTrails, I had hoped that the GetSatisfaction forum I created would be a thriving community where I could offer support and where other users would also help out. Unfortunately, GetSatisfaction as a whole never really took off and the tools they offered to end-users and developers remained limited and desktop-only.
So now I’m moving support to Google+ and I will make a concerted effort to encourage users who email me directly to post their questions there.
I hope experienced users will join this community and occasionally help me out by answering questions they are familiar with. Thank you in advance for your help!
First, what a FrogSparks account is not:
- it’s not mandatory, even if you’re purchasing map subscriptions: you can use map subscriptions on one device, without an account
- it doesn’t need to match your Play Store email address
- it is not an account on this web site
A FrogSparks account does:
- allow you to use your map subscriptions on multiple devices
- make it easier to keep your device connected to your subscriptions if you upgrade your Android version or reset the device
- give you access to the web administration page where you can see a summary of your map subscriptions and the offline maps you have downloaded
Since MyTrails 1.4, you no longer have to create a FrogSparks account, you can just log in with your Google account.
FrogSparks accounts remain available if you’d rather not use your Google account everywhere, and can be created from within MyTrails only: MyTrails > Preferences > Accounts > Google (or FrogSparks) and tap on FrogSparks at the bottom of the screen.