Many MyTrails users have a phone they take with them on outings, and they would like to be able to plan their itinerary and view the recorded track on their Kindle, which stays safely at home.
Until now, this was made more difficult by the fact that while MyTrails could be side-loaded on the Kindle, there was no good way to get the Pro version working on Kindle. And some people rely on Kindles exclusively.
So in a few days, once it passes Amazon’s validation process, MyTrails will be available on the Amazon Appstore, with the following changes:
- New track rendering algorithm, much more eye-pleasing
- Integration with Google account as a simpler alternative to FrogSparks account, where available (also log in to maps.frogsparks.com with your Google account)
- MyTrails is now available on Amazon Appstore
- The Pro license is now available as an in-app purchase
- Like maps, the Pro upgrade is tied to the FrogSparks (or Google) account, so it is honored on any platform
The same version will be published on the Play Store in a few days (I need to update a few Play-Store related things first, this is not an Amazon exclusivity period thing).
Update: MyTrails is now live on Amazon.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.