In some very rare cases, MyTrails may have trouble activating a purchase you made via in-app purchase, so Google (or PayPal) will have charged your account but MyTrails doesn’t register that fact.
MyTrails usually warns you of the fact and suggests corrective measures; even if it doesn’t, the first things to try are:
- make sure MyTrails is connected to your Google or FrogSparks account (MyTrails > Preferences > Accounts > Google or FrogSparks) or in MyTrails’ navigation menu
- if you made your purchase from within MyTrails
- trigger a new attempt to register your purchase by going into MyTrails > Preferences > About > Retry purchase (in MyTrails 2.0.3 or later – in earlier versions go to the same screen you initially tried the purchase)
- for purchases from the web site
- the account you used to connect to the web site (and the email address on which you received the confirmation email) matches the account to which MyTrails is connected (displayed at the bottom of the navigation menu)
- if this doesn’t work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the following information (clicking the link provides a pre-formatted email for this):
- the email address of the account MyTrails is connected to
- your Google Wallet (from Google’s confirmation email or wallet.google.com) or PayPal (from their email or www.paypal.com) purchase number
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.